The Mayor’s Office on Latino Affairs (MOLA) is soliciting grant applications from qualified Community-Based Organizations (CBOs) serving the District of Columbia’s Latino constituents [residents and/or business owners] - for its FY 2017 Latino Community Grant. The grant is intended to fund programs that provide targeted services and resources to the District’s Latino residents in areas of need in the community.
Funding priority areas identified for FY 2017 are aligned with Mayor Muriel Bowser’s administration budget priorities:
- Jobs & Economic Development
- Public Safety
- Civic Engagement
- Health & Wellness
- Youth Engagement
- Arts & Creative Economy
Organizations who meet the following eligibility requirements at the time of application may apply:
- be a Community-Based Organization with a Federal 501(c)(3) tax-exempt status or evidence of fiscal agent relationship with a 501 (c)(3) organization;
- the organization or program serves the District’s Latino residents or business owners;
- the organization’s principal place of business is located in the District of Columbia;
- the organization is currently registered in good standing with the DC Department of Consumer & Regulatory Affairs, Corporation Division, and the Office of Tax and Revenue;
- Current grantees must be current on any reporting obligations for the FY17 grant cycle.
In FY 2017, MOLA’s Latino Community Grant will fund culturally and linguistically appropriate programs with demonstrated ties to Mayor Bowser’s priority areas and community needs in the following program areas: economic and workforce development, youth engagement and education, health education and linkage to human services, and promotion of the arts and humanities [see RFA for details].
Release Date of RFA:
Monday, February 6, 2017
Availability of RFA:
The RFA will be posted on MOLA’s website (www.ola.dc.gov) and on the District’s Grant Clearinghouse Website
Amount of Awards:
Eligible organizations can be awarded up to $50,000.
Length of Awards:
Grant awards are for FY 2017
October 1, 2016 – September 30, 2017
Wednesday, March 1, 2017
Franklin D. Reeves Center of Municipal Affairs
2000 14th Street, NW
Washington, DC 20009
MOLA Contact: Eduardo Perdomo, Grants Management Specialist
Email: [email protected]
Deadline for Electronic Submission: 5:00PM on Friday, March 10, 2017 | [email protected]
[DOC] This document is presented as a Microsoft Word. If you unable to open the document, download the viewer.